RAIHANPAHIMI

publish your book for free?AFF=9142

Friday 4 September 2015

WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE ISLAM - DECLARATION OF JOURNALIST LAUREN BOOTH (9 Nov 2010)

WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE ISLAM - DECLARATION OF JOURNALIST LAUREN BOOTH (9 Nov 2010)

Surah Al-Mu'minun: Section 99-100

“Until when death overtakes one of them, he says: Send me back, my lord, send me back”. “ Haply I may do good in that he speaks, and before them is a barrier until the day they are raised”.(form the dead)

News about Lauren Booth converted to Islam has caused many negative comments. Here is his explanation on the matter - and why it is time to stop belittling Muslim women. Lauren 
Booth. , .'Anyhow  Fellow-in-arms to non-Muslims began to seem harsh and unfeeling.
About five years since my first visit to Palestine. And when I got there to work alongside charities in Gaza and the West Bank, I carry with pride and high self trait commonly embedded in the soul of every woman of  middle-class white women to Islam. the poor, women I presumed would be little more than an ugly black cloak, and be quiet.

As a western woman with all the freedom, I intend to deal professionally with men alone. After all, is not that what the Muslim world? Ripples among friends columnist for disagreeing with my conversion to Islam, to prove that the stereotypical view of the millions of women who practice Islam still exists.

On my first trip to Ramallah, and subsequent visits to Palestine, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon, I really deal with men in power. Even one or two of them had scary beards we see on news bulletins are in place that we destroy the bomb remotely. Surprisingly (to me), I also began to deal with the many women of various ages, who wear headscarves (hijab) in various ways, and has held positions of power.

Believe it or not, Muslim women can learn, work long hours like us, even to her husband's boss at the office. Enough that they belittle? I hope so, because of my conversion to Islam was used as an excuse by commentators to throw all kinds of accusations against Muslim women around the world.

Even on my way to a meeting on the subject of Islamic phobia  in the media this week, I thought of buying a hook and posing as Abu Hamza al Masri (pictured). After all, look at the reaction of many women columnists, like me, in their opinion no longer needed in the fight for women's rights. So let's all take a deep breath in and I'll give a little glimpse of the world of Islam in the 21st century.

Of course, we also need to take into account women who were not treated well in many places and cultures, both within and outside the Muslim population. Women actually used incorrectly by men, not God..

Many practices and laws in the countries of "Islam" have deviated from (or unrelated) to the origins of Islam. Instead such practices are based on cultural customs and traditions that have grown in society. In Saudi Arabia, for example, the law does not allow women to drive. This rule is an invention of the Saudi monarchy, our government's close ally in the arms trade and oil.

Unfortunately, the struggle for women's rights had to be adjusted to the needs of our own government. My journey to Islam began with an awakening to the gap that exists between what is told to me about all Muslim life - and the reality.

 I began to be amazed by the tranquility that exists in most of them. Not all. But abounded. And during my visit to a mosque in Iran last September, when pilgrims take ablution, bowing and chanting recitations of the prayer reminds me of what the west's something different altogether; of those who reject violence and choose peace and love through silent meditation (prayer). A religion that looks the same as professed by movie stars such as Richard Gere, more easily accepted by society if you make a confession - Buddhism.

In fact, every position bowing, sitting and prostrating in prayer the way Islam is filled with passages of peace and contentment. Each of which begins with, "Bismillahir rahmaneer Raheem" ​​- "In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful" - and ended by saying "Assalamu Alaykhum wa Rahmatullah" - Peace be upon you and the mercy of God. Unconsciously, I have come to call "God" instead of "God" in worship over the last year.

Both, of course, means the same thing, but for someone who has converted to Islam, so foreign languages ​​used in worship and in the Quran might be a big obstacle. I can get through it without noticing.

Then came the feelings of attraction: the feeling of love among Muslims and a sense of openness is quite high. That's what I feel. What a friend-in-arms that non-Muslims began to look hard and unfeeling. Why do we not cry in public, hugging each other, saying, "I love you" to a new friend, without any feelings of doubt and ridicule? \

 Unlike in the Muslim community, I would watch emotions being shared in houses along a container filled with candy and think, if the law of God based on fear alone, why Muslim friends that I loved and respected do not waive their practice and started to drink alcohol, to enjoy the "joy" just as we in the west do? And indeed we do so, is not it?

Finally, I can feel what is felt by the Muslims when they are in true prayer: a bolt of sweet harmony, the joy of being grateful for what I have (my children - the picture above) and secure in the certainty that I do not need anything else , I pray in the cemetery Mesumeh (picture) in Iran after cleansing the face, arms, head and feet with water. And everything changed after that.

Sheikh who circumcise me in a mosque in London a few weeks ago told me: "Do not hurry, Lauren. Do what you feel easy. God is waiting for you. Ignore those who say you must do this, wear that, have hair like this. Follow your instincts, follow the Koran - and let God lead you .. "

And now I live in a reality that has in common with the character of Jim Carey in the Truman Show. I realize the great lie that is the facade of our modern lives; that materialism, consumerism, sex and drugs will give us lasting happiness.

I also behind the screen and saw a lot of love, peace and hope. For now, I will continue with daily life, cooking dinners, making TV programs about Palestine and yes, pray for more or less half an hour a day.

Now, my morning starts with dawn prayers at 6 am, pray again at 1.30pm, then finally at 10.30pm. I also consistent reading of the Quran and there is increasing day by day (approximately 200 pages). I often get advice from Ayatollahs, imams and sheikhs, and each of them tells that the individual's journey to Islam is their right.

There are memorized text before converting to Islam; for me anyway, scripture readings will take place gradually according to my ability.
In the past, efforts to stop consuming alcohol I always end in failure; since my conversion I never thought drinking again. I do not doubt that this is life: more about Islam for me to learn, enjoy and hold dear; I killed with his greatness.

A few days ago, some women converts told me that this is just the beginning, and it still feels like they feel even after 10 or 20 years embraced Islam. Finally, I hope to translate between Muslim culture and media culture may be surprised to relieve you of all the changes that have happened in my life. When the BBC broadcast the image of Muslims shouting "Allahu Akhbar!" In the Middle East, we westerners were trained to hear something like this: "We hate you all Britons, and on our way to blow ourselves up in Lidl supermarket when you are buying The shopping there. "
Actually, what we Muslims are saying is "God is great!", And we are calm feeling sad after villages have attacked our non-Muslim. Usually, these words declare our desire to live in peace with Muslims and non-Muslims. If it is difficult to achieve in the world today, then let us live in peace in our society should suffice.


COMMENTS:

From the stories broadcast by the media in connection with the recognition of a journalist Lauren Booth prove that they are in the west has a negative perception of Islam is caused because of propaganda in the media, by a large number of media previously a portrait of Islam is a religion of extremists, violent and not mindless. This is a stack-based Muslims in Palestine who act "suicide" in defense of their rights and independent that been the obscene and betrayed by the Jews. The bad images of Islam was done by those who do not like the spread of Islam. Whereas Islam teaches that greeted the strength to peace and prosperity. Islam also does not force people to embrace Islam is not Islam.

What is taught by Islam and the Muslims should preach to enlighten all men, and whether they want to accept it or not is not responsible to become  preacher. It should  submitted to God's will give guidance to the person to embrace Islam.

The story is indeed clear recognition that hostility against Muslims that Islam is not because they do not know Islam correctly. If they get accurate information about Islam certainly will be interested in Islam. Because Islam is a religion which has been revealed by Allah through His Messenger Prophet Muhammad.



Wallahu; alam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I will reply soon.